Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can't Stop the Music

It's that time again! Time for a new running playlist.  Usually I switch it up every month, but things have been crazy around here. 

But Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas is next week (WOO HOO!), so I needed something new to get me going.  I've talked before about how music helps me push through.  And this time I'm going to really need that extra motivation.  See, for RnRLV, I have a certain goal.  A goal that I've been slowly working towards for the past few races:  that magical 2 hour mark.  Right now, my 1/2 marathon PR is 2:04:41.  Just a few measly minutes off of my goal. 

Problem is, my training has been pretty lackluster.  Finding time to get more that 5 or 6 miles at a time a few days a week is extremely tough these days. 

But I'm going to go for it.  Might as well.  I know I can do the distance, I'm just going to have to push myself harder than ever before to break 2 hours.  It's only 2 hours of suffering, right? Anyone can survive 2 hours of anything, right?  Right? 

Anyway.....

I decided this race calls for a new playlist. And my incentive to run this race within my goal time:  the playlist only has two hours worth of music.  And I'm not going to put it on repeat.  :) 

So without further delay, my new playlist, in random order:

1. Time Bomb - 311
2. Josie - Blink-182
3. Brick in the Wave - Authority Zero
4. Movement - Authority Zero
5. Missy - Airborne Toxic Event
6. Welcome to Your Wedding Day - Airborne Toxic Event
7. Always Something - Cage the Elephant
8. Get It Right - Authority Zero
9. Everlong - Foo Fighters
10. Eskimo Kiss - The Kooks
11. Junk of the Heart (Happy) - The Kooks
12. Trouble - 311
13. Around My Head - Cage the Elephant
14. The Distance - CAKE (always on my race playlist!)
15. The Rock Show - Blink-182
16. Innocence - The Airborne Toxic Event
17. Shake Me Down - Cage the Elephant
18. All I Ever Wanted - The Airborne Toxic Event
19. The Bad Thing - Arctic Monkeys
20. Wild Nights - 311
21. Right Before My Eyes - Cage The Elephant
22. Creepin' Up the Back Stairs - The Fratellis
23. All My Life - Foo Fighters
24. Runaway - The Kooks
25. M+M - Blink-182
26. Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
27. Walk - Foo Fighters
28. Dammit - Blink-182
29. White Limo - Foo Fighters
30. Strange Girl - The Airborne Toxic Event
31. Wattershed - Foo Fighters
32. Break the Mold - Authority Zero
33. Is It Me - The Kooks
34. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair - Arctic Monkeys
35. Does This Mean Your Moving On? - The Airborne Toxic Event
36. Sunset In July - 311
37. Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis



Happy Running!










No comments:

Post a Comment