Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Filling Out the Calendar

Now that summer is almost over (today is actually my last weekday of summer vacation, boo!) and I'm headed back to work, I've started thinking about what I'm going to have on my plate this fall. I'm trying to be better about scheduling and looking ahead, something I've not been too great at in the past.

So I started laying out all the events I'd like to participate in over the next 6 months or so, and I think I've got it pretty much figured out.

My "race calendar" is going to look something like this:


October 8, 2011 - Cactus Cha Cha Trail Run , Full Cha Cha (7 miles).  I've done the 3 mile mini Cha Cha, but haven't tackled the full Cha Cha before.  But I have seen the course mountain biking, so I know what I'm in for.


October 30, 2011 - Competitor AZ 10KAdvertised as a "warm-up" to the PF Chang's Rock 'n Roll AZ.  This race will be about just having a good time.


November 6, 2011 - Women's Half Marathon, I have to admit...this race is all about the medal.  Just look at it:


Isn't it divine??  And hello!  There's a COOKIE BAR at the end of the race!  Need I say more?  Plus I have some girlfriends joining me for this one.

November 24, 2011 - 8th Annual Southwest Valley Regional YMCA  Thanksgiving Day Triathlon, I've done this race a couple of times before.  It's a sprint triathlon, run backwards (run, bike, swim).  It's a lot of fun and since I've been swimming quite a bit, I have high expectations this time around.  I think the whole family (husband and kids) is going to participate in this one, so it will be fun.   


December 4, 2011 - Rock 'n Roll Las Vegas!!!  1/2 marathon.  I'd really like to come in right around 2 hours on this one.  This is a girlfriend's weekend away too, with my two best buddies joining me on the Strip.  It'll be a great time, that's for sure!  And we'll try to stay out of trouble...I promise!


January 15th, 2012 - Rock 'n Roll Arizona   My FIRST FULL marathon.  I'm excited. I'm scared.  My official goal:  just to finish.  But I've definitely got a time in mind.  Not ready to put it out in the Universe yet.


Notice there is nothing in August or September.  This is intentional.  I will be getting back into the swing of things at school and at home.  Also, the heat is KILLING me right now.  I am definitely not running as much as I would like right now.  It's just too miserable.  Arizona during monsoon (which is our "rainy" season) is brutal...it's hot and humid.  Maybe not as humid as the south, but when you're used to dry heat, 30-50% humidity kills.

Anyway, this is what my fall/winter is looking like.  I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment